Master in Business Studies (MBS)
Master in Business Studies (MBS) is a two year, four semester program of Tribhuvan University. The objective of the MBS programme is to enable the students to work as competent managers and to meet the demand of higher level managers in organizations, particularly in the functional areas of management. Upon graduation, a student should be able to function as a manager in business, industry, government and non-government sectors, within and outside the country, in areas like accounting, marketing, finance and general management. The MBS programme specifically aims to
- Equip the students with required conceptual knowledge of business and management.
- Prepare managers in the functional areas of management.
- Develop knowledge and skill of business environment in national and global perspective.
- Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in Nepalese society.
- Develop research capability in the students.
- MKT 511 Marketing Management
- ECO 512 Managerial Economics
- MSC 514 Statistical Methods
- MGT 515 Organizational Behavior
- MGT 519 Managerial Communication
- FIN 510 Financial Management
- MGT 513 Human Resource Management
- MSC 516 Production and Operations Management
- ACC 517 Management Accountancy
- MGT 518 Business Environment
- ACC 519 Accounting for Financial and Managerial Decision and Control
- MSC 521 Research Methodology
- MGT 522 International Business
- MGT 523 Strategic Management
- MGT 524 Entrepreneurship
- Finance (Three Subjects)
- Marketing (Three Subjects)
- Accountancy (Three Subjects)
- Management (Three Subjects)
- MGT 525 Dissertation
Entrance Test and Interview
Eligible candidates should fill the Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) form and submit to the college administration and should appear in CMAT test as scheduled by FOM, TU. The test comprises the questions related to verbal ability, quantitative ability, business and economics, logical reasoning and general awareness. The applicants must pass the CMAT conducted by the FOM, TU and are called for interview. The result for admission is published on the basis of weighted average marks of the entrance, interview and past academic performance in the college.
- Application Form Distribution and Submission Deadline: Magh 9, 2079
- Application Form Submission Deadline with Late Fee: Magh 15, 2079
- Entrance Examination: Magh 21, 2079, Saturday, 8 AM
- Admission Deadline: Falgun 8, 2079
- Class Start: Falgun 10, 2079
- Entrance Exam Fee: Rs. 1,500/-
Eligible candidates can obtain application forms from college's administration or can download from website.
After completing (MBS) Master level, the candidates will be qualified for the following prospects:
- Job: business managers, administrator, accountant, financial officers, marketing officers, analyst etc in banks, small and big corporate houses, hospitals and hotels, factories and industries, schools and colleges, etc.
- Education :
The applicant should have a Bachelor's degree in management or related discipline from Tribhuwan University or any other university recognized by TU.